Biopack is a 100% Belgian company that started in the 1980s as the family business Hoornaert Agricultural Products. "Agricultural products...?!?" I hear you thinking. Yes, back then we sold beautiful bales of hay and straw. Very natural products, but what was the link to packaging?
Because of one product, we stepped into the world of organic packaging in 1992. Our first packaging material was a paper bag filled with straw. This was used as a buffer material in sectors such as electronics and pharmaceuticals. Even then (around 1993), Biopack profiled itself as the pioneer in ecological, green packaging and as the supplier of 100% natural materials.
Sales volumes were still limited and the functionality of the organic packaging of those days could not be compared to the products of today. The range therefore grew organically with both green and conventional packaging. When we launched a webshop in 2002, we chose the more neutral name ePacking, which included the wide organic and conventional range. But environmentally friendly packaging always remained our hobbyhorse.
Why is there a squirrel in our logo?
The characteristics of a squirrel are a perfect match for who we are:
- Squirrels have a high cuddly factor: we are a sympathetic family business, not a mastodon where you as a customer are a number
- A squirrel may be small but it can jump up to 3m high, we too move mountains for our customer
- The squirrel is lightning fast (running, climbing, clambering), we ensure a quick response and delivery
- A squirrel loves nature, lives in the forest & looks for nuts. This refers to our environmentally friendly packaging, which is marked with the nut on our webshop
- This animal builds up a winter stock, we have a large stock of standard products so you as a customer will never be without them
- Squirrels make a solid winter nest > we provide solid packaging that ensures that your product is well preserved, stays warm and is not damaged
- And last but not least, two squirrels live in our company garden!
Pioneer in eco-friendly packaging
Today: progressive provider of sustainable packaging
Today, we continue with just the name Biopack, as a progressive packaging provider. More than three quarters of our turnover now comes from organic packaging. Our baseline is smart in packaging. We guarantee clear, honest and realistic communication.
We remain a 100% West Flemish family business, where in the meantime the second generation continues to expand the company with great passion. Gwendoline and her husband, Stijn, are very proud of our enthusiastic and customer-friendly Biopack team.
When it comes to sustainable packaging, we have a lot to say.
Biopack in a nutshell
- Wide range
- Large stock
- Fast delivery
- Strengthens your green and sustainable image
We are a Belgian family business and love personal contact. We welcome our customers to our inspiration centre. We stand for open and honest communication, no green-washing. We are progressive in our constant search for innovations to enrich the range. Green: environmentally friendly packaging materials have been our hobbyhorse since the foundation of our company. Realistic: we realise that only eco-friendly packaging is often not yet possible, sometimes due to technical reasons or because it is not yet economically feasible, and are happy to help in the choice. We are a partner of our customer and therefore want to build a long-term partnership together.
We stand for a high-quality and cost-conscious offer, always focusing on your needs as a customer.
We houden de markt nauwlettend in de gaten en kiezen bewust voor innovatie, creativiteit en continue uitbreiding van ons assortiment. Met vanzelfsprekend een sterke focus op ecologie.
Your one-stop-shop with a comprehensive offer and a solution for every question.
We are distinguished by our blue-green vision: economically responsible pursuit of ecological packaging. We realise that using exclusively ecological packaging is often not yet possible. After all, a feasible and affordable green alternative does not yet exist for all packaging.
100% ecological packaging is compostable, recycled or reusable.
Biopack offers a total solution.
Our webshop translates our vision of blue-green packaging and our green ecological packaging can be recognised by the green note.
Gwendoline, one of the two directors of Biopack.